Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!!!


I know a lot of you were probably expecting a bitter and cynical rant about how Valentines Day is the worst day of the year from me today. Maybe a little snipet about how St. Valentine worked for Hallmark, and how I will be spending most of the day stuffing myself with overpriced chocolates and listening to the song, "Love Stinks" over and over. Well, I'm sorry to disappoint, but its not going to happen. Truth is, I LOVE love. I love everything about love. I love loving people, and I love getting it in return. And, as it turns out, this has been the best Valentines I have had in years and years. So, in dedication to the holiday, I'm going to give you some of my favorite quotes about love, and I hope all of you are getting plenty of it today. I L-O-V-E you all!

"Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile."
~Franklin P. Jones

"Love is a friendship set to music."
~ E. Joseph Cossman

"Love is a many splendid thing. Love lifts us up where we belong. All you need is love!"
~ from the movie Moulin Rouge

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"To love another person is to see the face of God."
~ Les Miserables

"Laura, I love your love."
~ Ashley Engar

"Spread love everywhere you go: first of all in your own house. Give love to your children, to your wife or husband, to a next door neighbor... Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting."
~ Mother Theresa

Happy V-Day!

4 comments:

The Campbells said...

I love Valentines Day too! Thanks for all the great quotes! Love you!!

Julie said...

And you are such a sweet person to love (and Ashley). Happy Valentines day!

anna said...

We love you!

Natallee said...

This is so sweet. I love it!!

Hey- I decided to put the password on my blog, so email me your email address and I will get you an invite to my blog. ;) Talk to you soon, Natallee!

natlimae@yahoo.com