Tuesday, July 22, 2008

True Life.

I've been back home in Utah, "on break" before I move again for a few weeks now. Is it ironic now that I have all this time on my hands, I have no time to write? Yes, I've posted a few pictures here and there, but a friend of mine pointed out that she still has no idea what is going on in my life.

I have two reasons for this, neither which is a good excuse, but true nonetheless. One being, that is is almost as if I can only function when my life is moving a million miles a minute. The more down time I have, the lazier I become. I push everything back to the point at the end of the day when I ultimately say, "Eh...I'll have plenty of time to do it tomorrow." This has become a constant cycle, and a quite annoying one at that. Secondly, I don't like writing much about myself or my real life - I like to stick with stories with the main focus being on other people, or something funny that happened to me or Ashley.
I've gotten good feedback. So that's what I do.

In order to counteract this problem, I've decided to let you all in on my secret dreams. I'm having been thinking a lot about them lately, and thought I'd share. These are my goals in life:
  • Be a student...forever. I think we should all be students for life and continue educating ourselves for as long as we can. So until I run out of money, that's what I'm doing. In other words, I'm putting off a career as long as possible.
  • Learn to play the guitar. I have a recurring dream that I play the guitar while Ashley sings at Carlee's wedding. I really want to make that happen.
  • Speak Spanish, fluently.
  • Become a long-distance runner. A marathoner, of sorts. I can't seem to make it past 3 miles, but I'll get there.
  • Become a certified Bikram yoga instructor and open my own studio.
  • Open a bakery and win one of those Betty Crocker contests that they always play on the Food Network Channel. Better yet...become the next Betty Crocker.
  • Write a book.
  • Start a non-profit organization.
  • Get rid of my car and rely solely on public transportation/bike/scooter/feet.

Those are just a few. I figure if I write them down, maybe I will actually make some of them happen.

What are your secret/not so secret dreams?

4 comments:

anna said...

My secret is I havent washed my hair in three days.

The Dumas Family said...

You're so funny. I want you to write a book so bad. You're a terrific writer. I would buy your first one, for sure. You'll do so many great things in your life, I have no doubts. Can I come to your yoga studio?

Anonymous said...

Great pics... You are doing something right, I work hard everyday to one day have the opportunities to do what you are achieving today. Good luck in L.A. and tell the fam I said hey.

Steve

Melissa said...

Well many of the things you listed sound a lot like Mike. He wants to be a forever student - I guess that is why he is applying to Orthodontic programs right now- cross your fingers for him.
When are you moving to LA to start school?
Let me know Mike and I would love to see you again.
Melis