Friday, July 11, 2008

Ok, we're back...

...and we've been back for a while. I'm the worst blogger ever. Right after getting home from the MOST amazing trip ever (information and pictures to come), we had approximately 4 days to pack up our entire condo and get out. That's right, our lease is up and we no longer live in Arizona. To fill you in....Ash and I had a lot of decisions to make at the end of this school year. As it turns out, we are splitting up. We are not breaking up, just taking some time apart. How do I feel about it? Sick to my stomach. But our lives are taking us in two different directions...and two different states. Ashley got a coveted job at Park City High School in Utah teaching Sophomore English and Yearbook and will be starting in August. I decided to take the plunge into grad school getting my Masters in Counseling from Loyola Marymount in L.A., also starting in August. That means that the tripod (Carlee, Ash and I) are officially going to be living in 3 different states. This also means that we are going to be racking up a lot of frequent flyer miles between Utah, Wyoming and California. Anyway, I have yet to decide what to do about the "Laura and Ashley" blog. I'm thinking I would like to keep it and still blog about Ashley (as I am the only one that does that anyway), but I'm curious to know what you all think. Do we desert this blog and start our own? The thought is heartbreaking. Almost as heartbreaking as not being able to wake up to Ashley's sweet face everyday. As you can see, I'm having a really hard time with this. But, I know we are both doing the right thing and will have some amazing experiences (and maybe be able to sustain a relationship with the opposite sex without the other interfering...no promises though). More on some funny stories over the last couple of weeks, and on our trip to Peru to come.....

4 comments:

LiNdS said...

Hi Laura!
I was happy to hear from you! You are one of the few people in high school that I always wanted to be friends with, but never really got the opportunity. I always thought you were a doll. It was really fun to read your past blogs... you are so witty! :) You have experienced a lot of amazing things, and have a lot ahead of you. Grad school will be the best experience of your life (and you can't go wrong in Cali!) I am excited to keep in touch with you. Thanks for saying hi!
Linds

Kristen M said...

masters in counseling at LMU? That is awesome, I am excited for you. I got my MSW and have been doing therapy for the last year with children/adolescents. What are you interested in doing after school? I am working on my hours right now to get my LCSW. Hope all is well. Will you add you to my blog and let me know what you end up doing, either starting a new one or keeping this one. I moved to Laguna a month ago so let me know when you get out here so we could meet up. My blog is web.mac.com/themurraysut
Take care hope all is well, it's been too long

Kristen Murray

Lynlee Price said...

Yay I'm so glad I have your blog address now! It will be fun to keep up on everything. Can I just tell you how cute we think you are. We absolutely love you and think you and Cort are the greatest things that hit earth. Don't think you will get rid of us anytime soon. We plan on more fun times in the near future! Talk to you soon!

Lynlee

Lindsey Sharp said...

Laura what cool adventures you have had and sounds like still more to come! I wish you the best! It is so fun to hear what you are up to! Good luck!