Monday, December 10, 2007

Gym stories

All Scottsdale, AZ LA Fitness male members....PLEASE READ:

1- A skin tight t-shirt with Armani Exchange written across it in sequins is not appropriate gym attire.
2- Also, that same shirt that is cutting off the circulation in your upper body, is not in fact, defining/showing off your muscles. They don't look any bigger. Nor does it qualify you to give out fitness advice of any kind.
3- Use sweat bands sparingly. If at all possible, for sweat.
4- It does not matter how much college memorablia you wear - no one is going to actually believe you played college football. Try and keep it to a minimum.
5- A tight choker/necklace does not make your neck/traps look bigger.
6- Bronzer is for women. Stop. We know you are wearing it.
7- The aerobic/yoga rooms, though they are surrounded by mirrors, are not to be used to practice your dance/clubbin' moves.
8- The black hair dye/greasy spiked hair/orange-tan skin look is out. Shower and rinse that stuff off. Its getting everywhere.
9- The mirrors in front of the weight room are actually there for you to watch yourselves as you lift the weights. NOT for standing in front of them trying out your many sweet facial expressions and to see how many people are "checking you out".
10- The hours between 5-9 pm are not considered "happy hour" and therefore should not be used for picking up women. There have been complaints.

Also, LA Fitness EMPLOYEES:
**Though your position is called, "Sales Professional" the tucked-in shirt/slacks/blackberry-clipped-to-belt is unnecessary. You're not fooling anyone. You work at a gym.

Yes, this is mean. But all true. It couldn't be helped.

7 comments:

Andee Belle said...

La La... why are you seriously the funniest, most bad-ass person I have ever meant. You are the only one keeping me rolling. If only I was as funny as you, life would be much easier...can't wait to see you

Mandy said...

Laura - is there a guy there that you hit on and he turned you down? You sound a little bitter. You and Ash can take me to this gym and I will talk him into going on a date with you. C

Anika said...

Sounds similar to the Gold's Gyms of Salt Lake City! Hilarious!

Julie said...

That is so funny! You guys keep me entertained. Can't wait to see you both during the Christmas break.

Laura and Ashley said...

You are on to me Colby...I'm so excited to see you and get your help with the guys. I'm desperate. No one will date me.

Katie said...

Wow that is so true. I love it. I guess you aren't finding any prospects at the gym... I hate the tight muscle shirts too.

Ashley and Ezra said...

Oh my gosh...This is exactly why I love you sooo much...(and all those other great qualities you have)but wow...you nailed this one!!!