Monday, December 24, 2007

Home for the Holidays, Merry Christmas

I finally made it back yesterday, after what seemed like months of over-excitement to come home. As I flew in with my family, I was welcomed with a blanket of snow covering every inch of Salt Lake. Ashley and I have been trying our best to get into the Christmas spirit in Arizona, and though we did a pretty good job, nothing is like being home for the holidays.

A lot of things are different about this year, and they've been making me a little anxious. Luckily, I'm so darn happy all the time now, that I don't recognize stress in my life anymore and it just comes in the form of hives. That's right, hives. It's going to be an itchy Christmas. The biggest change is that I'm back home with my parents and sisters this year, but I couldn't be happier to feel like a little kid again. My mom always makes the house so warm and cozy that it is hard not to feel the Christmas spirit. My expectations are pretty high this time of year and she does not disappoint. I have to admit that I was a little concerned about how my emotions/mental state would be since this is the first Christmas single again, but I think my whole family is breathing a sigh of relief this year as everything seems as it should be. Second, would be that my focus on how I view Christmas has changed a little bit. Not that I didn't realize this before, but I'm recognizing this Christmas as a time for being grateful for family and friends and the time I'm able to spend with them. Most of all, my thoughts turn towards our Savior, and the blessings He has brought into my life. Thirdly, I've managed to survive almost solely on sugar the last couple of days. It's been amazing how many great neighbors my parents have and what incredible bakers they are. It's awesome. I'm excited to see all of you while I'm in town, and I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

"What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace."
Agnes M. Pharo

2 comments:

Cort Nebeker said...

you nerds have blog!!! why in the world wasn't i notified?

thewestenskows.blogspot.com said...

Laura, what the hell is up? Just got into blogging, Lace and Darren just stopped by the kiosk, and one of the first blogs she showed me was yours. How is Ashley? Does she still go by Alien? Cute thing.
Hope all is well, just wanted to send you a shout out.

ddubb