Friday, December 7, 2007

Green is sexy


For those of you who remember my promoting of Sheababy Naturals a couple of months ago, the day has finally come. All of their adorable designs are available online now, and are truly one of a kind. These charming baby clothes are all made of 100% cotton - pure, clean, and best of all, helping to preserve our planet. If I had kids, they would only be wearing sheababy. Of course, since sheababy was developed by family, and since the babies/kids on the website are my nieces, I'm a little biased. Check them out:

www.sheababynaturals.com

Also, in an attempt to be more "green," I recently made a purchase that I feel everyone should be able to get in on. On one of my 17 trips to the store this week, I couldn't stop thinking about how many bags were being wasted on me. I don't even want to do the math because of the disappointment I'm sure I would feel about myself. Even asking for paper, it is still a disservice to the environment. I started thinking of what a great business idea it would be to make reusable bags and sell them online. I started doing some research, and it turns out, someone beat me to the punch. I stumbled upon a website that sells really cute/awesome 100% recycleable/reusable bags. BYOB (bring your own bag)! They are pretty good looking, and maybe we can get a trend to catch on. Every little bit helps.

www.bagthehabit.com

2 comments:

Johnny Hammersticks said...

I had the same thought at the grocery store this week as I was putting some veggies in one those little plastic bags. I read recently that it takes about 1,000 years for one of those suckers to completely degrade--I don't know if that's accurate, but I'm sure it's a long time.

I came up with a solution of my own, but I think reusable bags is probably simpler, and better than my idea. Plus those totes on that website were super cute (moderate sarcasm). I'd love to rocking one of those as I cruise up and down the aisles. It's definitely a good idea.

Ashley and Ezra said...

Laura...I miss your cute face! Im so excited to see you and Ashley for our Christmas Party! Tell Ash Hi and I miss her too! Love you girls! -AShley