Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Happy Birthday C-Rod!!!

One of the hardest parts of living away from home for me and Ashley is that we have to be away from our other third. I have known Carlee since junior high when I idolized her for getting all the guys and being so hot. I have to admit, I was really jealous. I really got to know her in high school, and even more in college where we became the best of friends. Years later, I only feel closer to her as the years go by. I get a little teary-eyed writing about Carlee because she has meant more to me as a friend than she will ever understand. She has been there for me through everything - her love, friendship and understanding always constant. The three of us have had so many memorable and fun times together. She turns 25 today and is only getting more amazing and beautiful with age. Ashley and I have come up with a list of the top 10 reasons of what we think makes Carlee great:

1- She is always positive and uplifting. Whenever something is going wrong in either of our lives, we can count on Carlee to bring us back up.
2- We can trust Carlee to always be honest with us. She always has our best interests at heart and is incredibly trustworthy.
3- Always a barrel of laughs, Carlee is always up for anything. Even when we know she doesn't want to do something, she will still humor us, and come along. She is easy-going and laid back and the day/night is always more fun with her around.
4- Carlee is incredibly openminded and doesn't judge. You will never find Carlee gossiping about anyone. It is beneath her and she will always consider another's point of view.
5- She is confident. Carlee has been a great example to us. She is confident with herself and it shows in all areas of her life.
6- She is caring and kindhearted. Everyone loves Carlee. Enough said.
7- Carlee will never tell us what to do. As much as I beg her to make my decisions for me, she will lend an open ear, give her advice, but always tell me that, "she is not going to tell me what to do". I know she truly cares and will be there for me no matter what decisions I make in my life.
8- She just cares. Carlee is the first person to call when something happens. Good or bad. She is just the person we want to talk to because she cares. She would be there in a second and drop anything if we needed her.
9- Her laugh. Carlee has the most contagious laugh. I laugh just thinking about it.
10- Her family. We L-O-V-E the Roderick's. They make us feel like family and we consider them just that. Its easy to see that the awesomeness runs in the family.

Ok, we couldn't stop at 10...
11- Her eyes. And smile. Carlee is gorgeous and everyone knows it. One time I got really sick of everyone telling Carlee how "pretty/beautiful/amazing" her blue eyes are and I told her. I was jealous. And now I feel bad about it. Cause they really are incredible.
12- Carlee is just an amazing friend. Everyone should have a C-Rod in their life. They would be happier if they did. She is the best and we love her.

There are about a million things to write about Carlee, but to keep things short....C-Rod, you are awesome. We wish we could be with you today! We love you so much! Happy Birthday!!!!

2 comments:

Jill said...

ahh...this made me teary eyed. What a lucky girl she is to have such great friends who value her and recognize what a gem she is. I so love my carlee girl. She is all the things you wrote and so much more. One of my favorite things about Car is that she is so calm, the voice of reason. We definitely need that in our family.

She shares a birthday with my baby Miles and I couldn't feel luckier.

carolyn said...

I agree with eveything you said. Carlee really is an amazing girl. You just know you can count on her. sshe truly is beautiful.inside and out.Everyone needs q Carlee in their life.