Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Sick. Cynical. Blah.


I have been down and out for the last couple of days with a wench of a cold. I'm in an extremely bad mood about it because it has made me so lazy/bored, therefore I'm going to make the rest of you suffer by reading my random "my fever has made me a little delusional" thoughts. 

1- Nighttime television. I rarely watch it, unless it is something completely pointless that will rot my mind, but at the same time makes me feel a little bit better about my life (i.e., Bad Girls Club, Real Housewives of Orange County, The Hills, etc. etc), but since I have been sick I have caught American Idol both nights. I'm a fan of Carly Smithson, and usually a fan of the girls in general. If a guy wins American Idol, he is someone like Clay Aiken. If you are a guy, you should be in a band or something to avoid looking gay. Sorry. 

2- Daytime television. I'm trying to think of a bigger way to waste my time. Can't think of one. 

3- I am so tired. I have slept a little bit every hour, almost every hour that I have been sick the last couple of days (excluding today, as I dragged myself to work only to infect everyone around me). I did not know that I was physically capable of so much sleep. As a self-diagnosed insomniac, my body does not know how to react to all this extra sleep I'm getting and is now refusing to function at all. I've made a permanent indent in the couch and I've never felt so lazy.

4- Everyone I know has a baby. Almost. Since I have had so much time on my hands, I have gotten obnoxious with the amount of time I am spending blog-surfing. What I have come to find out is that almost everyone I tracked down/stalked either has a kid(s) or has one on the way. I have never seen so many 'baby-trackers' on blogs in my life. Even girls I went to school that are younger than me are working on their second baby. Kind of made me feel old. And childless.

5- I miss my mom. It is really hard to feel independent when I just want my mom to come take care of me. I wonder if I will ever grow out of that?

6- Over analyzation. If you give me enough time to think, I will take every aspect of my life, dissect it, and then try to figure out how and if I should change it. This is something Ashley knows as one of my "crazy traits" and I'm lucky to have her around as my personal therapist or I would be living as a bum in Canada.

That's all I have for today.


4 comments:

The Dumas Family said...

Boy do I love you and miss you. I'm sorry you've been sick. I guess that's why you haven't returned my calls. I'm not sure if I forgive you yet....we'll see. I hope you feel better soon. I don't think you ever grow out of your mom taking care of you. If you're required to, I'm refusing to grow up as no one takes better care of me than my mommy. Most everyone you know is from Utah, therefore, going to have babies - that is what we do. Don't feel bad and don't compare yourself. You're meant to be a mommy, and a great one you'll be. You're just waiting for that little baby in Heaven to get ready to come down. Once that baby is ready you will have found your eternal companion and all that other good crap. In the meantime, my kidlets miss their Aunt LaLa. I wish I could come to CA with you and all the girlies - that sounds so fun, but just not the right time for me with Grayden. Love you and feel better soon!

mk said...

i feel your pain. i am in the the same boat right now!
actually i am in the boat now and i was in it two weeks ago also. i got a double whammy. :(
i hope you are recovering

anna said...

hey it's okay, i (amy) over analyze things until i start to forget what it is that i'm analyzing. I'm also childless and for that matter...boyfriendless. i hate boys.

Jamie said...

Laura, you seriously need to write a book.....have you ever thought about that? I don't know what about, but I'd be happy to help think of a subject. I'd probably be the first to buy a copy, and I know I'd really enjoy it, I LOVE reading your blog. You say things so well, and so funny!
Okay, thats all, have a great day!